JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 | It is most important to know, whether you are eligible to apply for examination or not. JEE Main Eligibility Criteria is mentioned on the official notification of exam. You can download the official notice from the official website @ jeemain.nic.in. If you do not fulfill the NTA JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria, you can not apply for the examination. Make sure you provide correct details. Read the article to know the complete list of necessary Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Details
|Organizing Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination||Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main 2020)|
|Examination Mode||Online / Offline (Drawing Test)|
|Course||B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Engineering|
|Sessions||January Session, April Session|
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before you apply, read the official notification. Only eligible candidates can apply for JEE Main 2020 Application Form. You can find the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria on the official notification which is published on the official website – jeemain.nic.in. The Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled or your application form will be rejected at any level.
The candidate must fulfill the Criteria for Qualifying Examinations and Qualifying marks in it. Also, the candidate should see to it that they have cleared the examination in the qualifying year only. Though you have 2 attempts every year, make sure to apply well and not lose chance on JEE Main 2020.
What are JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria?
Following Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains 2020 must be fulfilled. Remember to check with the official notification before you proceed to apply.
- The candidate must pass 12th Class qualifying examination.
- Make sure you pass from a recognized board.
- You must score at least 50% in 12th Board or equivalent exams.
- See to it that you have scored a 50% minimum in each subject.
- There is no age bar in the examination.
National Testing Agency does not mark any age barrier to the applicants. If you have cleared the qualifying examination in the respective year, you can apply for the JEE Main 2020 Examination. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Mains Examination 2020. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
The candidates are not barred with the age limit. National Testing Agency clearly mentions in the official notification that the candidate must have passed the 12th Class Board examination. The question is in which year. If you are applying in the JEE Main 2020, you must have qualified the examination by 2018. Also, if you completed the qualifying examination in the year 2019 you can apply for the examination. The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in 2020 can also apply. If you do not qualify the 12th exam in 2020, your candidature will be rejected.
In the 12th standard examination, the candidate must have appeared in 5 subjects. The candidate must have cleared all 5 subjects separately and all together. The candidates must obtain a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate and 75% in each subject too. Read the complete official notification in order to know all the details of the examination.
List of Qualifying Examination
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as CentralBoard of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs]
Number of Attempts
Since 2019, National Testing Agency is conducting the JEE Mains examination. Earlier, the exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. When NTA started conducting the examination, it created some of the changes in the Examination. This gave huge opportunities to the candidates. Thus introduced 2 attempts a year rule.
The candidates who have cleared their qualifying exam in 2018 still have 2 attempts left to qualify JEE Main exam. If you are passing in 2019, you have 4 attempts left. For the candidates who will appear and qualify the 12th Boards exam in 2020, they have 6 attempts to clear the JEE Main examination.
JEE Main 2020 Dates
National Testing Agency will conduct both sessions of JEE Main 2020. Visit us to find the updated info on JEE Mains 2020 Important Dates. We provide all the latest updates about the JEE Main Examination at earliest. Further, check the tentative schedule in the table available below.
|Events||January Session||April Session|
|Application Starts||3rd September 2019||February 2020|
|Application Ends||30th September 2019||March 2020|
|Exam City & Date announcement||October 2019||March 2020|
|Admit Card Release||December 2019||March 2020|
|Examination Date||6th-11th January 2020||April 2020|
|Provisional Answer Key||January 2020||April 2020|
|Final Answer Key||January 2020||April 2020|
|Result Declaration||30th January 2020||April 2020|
|Cut off Announcement||Last week April 2020|
|Counseling Procedure||June-July 2020|
JEE Main Application Form 2020
If you fulfill the JEE Mains 2020 Eligibility Criteria, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Application 2020. The Online Form is released on the official website of NTA on 3rd September 2019. We advise you to follow the page for the latest updates. Click on the link here to apply for JEE Main Application Form 2020.